The Cottages Assisted Living and Memory Care built and opened their first location in 2001 in Emmett, Idaho. If you were to tell Mark Maxfield, the current CEO/Owner, that only eight years later they would have ten more locations, he might not have believed you at the time. The Emmett Cottages was built on property that had been owned by Mark’s grandparents years earlier. Things would go so well with The Cottages of Emmet, that the next year The Cottages would build and open in three more locations. In 2003, two more locations for The Cottages would be built. Then one in 2004 and one in 2005. In 2008, The Cottages of Boise would be opened, and 2009 the Nampa and McCall locations would start.
The timeline of The Cottages locations go as follows:
- 2001: The Cottages of Emmett
- 2002: The Cottages of Weiser
- 2002: The Cottages of Payette
- 2002: The Cottages of Mountain Home
- 2003: The Cottages of Emmett (second home)
- 2003: The Cottages of Weiser (second home)
- 2004: The Cottages of Meridian (Assisted Living & Memory Care homes)
- 2005: The Cottages of Middleton
- 2008: The Cottages of Boise (Assisted Living & Memory Care homes)
- 2009: The Cottages of Nampa
- 2009: The Cottages of McCall
- 2019: The Cottages at Lochsa Falls (Assisted Living & Memory Care homes)
The Cottages Assisted Living & Memory Care Locations
Each of The Cottages locations are unique and beautiful. The Cottages have several locations that are in rural areas. This allows those who currently live there to have access to the care that they need when they are no longer able to reside in their home. They do not have to leave everything behind and move to a larger city nearby. Here is some more information about each location:
The Cottages of Emmett is located on a quiet street at 411 East 12th , Emmet, ID. The homes are surrounded by beautiful landscaping and have a great view of the mountains. Residents have access to shopping, restaurants, fun activities, community events, and scenic outdoor trips.
The Cottages of Weiser is located at 1225 6th Street, Weiser, ID. The view is perfect as one can see the mountains and nearby fields. Shopping is accessible right next door and the golf course is just a few minutes away! The scenic bus rides are a big hit for the residents.
The Cottages of Payette is located at 1481 7th Avenue North, Payette, ID. It is within minutes of shopping, restaurants, and is centrally located between Fruitland and Weiser. The residents enjoy scenic bus trips, beautiful surroundings, and the support that comes from a small community!
The Cottages of Mountain Home is located at 735 South 5th West, Mountain Home, ID. It is centrally located and within minutes of shopping, restaurants, and the military base. The residents have opportunities to participate in local parades and community activities. Scenic bus trips are commonly available for residents.
The Cottages of Meridian is conveniently located at 3199 West Belltower Drive, Meridian, ID. It’s located just off ten-mile road. There is easy entrance to the main freeway I-84 and highway 20. The residents have access to shopping, movie theaters, restaurants, walking paths, and city parks. Bus trips consist of exploring the city as well as going out to the country.
The Cottages of Middleton is in the heart of Middleton at 760 West Main Street, Middleton, ID. This allows quick access to I-84 and highway 55. The town of Middleton has fun activities such as parades and the community knows the residents well! Scenic bus rides are commonly available and visits from reindeer and other neat animals create a great time.
The Cottages of Boise is conveniently located between Eagle and Garden city at 6300 North Roe Street, Garden City, ID. It is tucked back in a beautiful quiet area that has a gorgeous view of the foothills. The residents enjoy rides on The Cottages’ golf carts and take neighborhood walks. There is easy access to shopping, theaters, parks, and restaurants.
The Cottages at Lochsa Falls is located at 2158 West Everest Lane, Meridian, ID. It’s in north Meridian and only minutes from Eagle. The residents have quick access to shopping, restaurants, walking paths, parks, and scenic bus trips to the city or foothills! The view of the mountains is incredible.
Although each location of The Cottages has its own unique traits and characteristics, the team members are always dedicated to providing a supportive, caring, loving, fun, and engaging environment.
What Should People Look for In an Assisted Living and Memory Care Provider?
Choosing the right assisted living or memory care provider is vital. Helping a loved one find an assisted living or memory care facility where they feel comfortable, loved, and can engage in personal interests will make all the difference. when searching for an assisted living and memory care home, we recommend that you look at:
- Staffing Ratios
- How many staff members are there compared to the number of residents? The higher the staffing ratio, the better. If your loved one needs assistance, are they able to care for them quickly? It is important that the appropriate number of staff are readily available to tend to your loved one’s needs.
- Inviting and fully furnished room
- It is important that your loved one feels comfortable during their stay. An inviting, fully furnished room is essential. Ensure that the room is well kept, has a private bathroom, temperature control, comfortable bed, and linens.
- Delicious and Nutritious Meals
- Do they provide home-cooked meals and tailor to special dietary needs? It is essential that the food that is being served not only looks and tastes good but is full of health-promoting nutrients.
- Engaging Activities
- Do they have a dedicated activities director that helps the residents participate in engaging, life-enriching activities? It is one thing to participate in an activity. It is another thing to participate in one that genuinely interests your loved one. Find out if the activities that are offered can be tailored to your loved one’s interests.
- Accessible Administrator
- Is the administrator readily accessible to answer your questions or address needs? It is important that you can discuss needs or concerns quickly and not have to wait several days before gaining a response. Assess whether you can easily communicate with the administrator, and how likely they will be able to address you and your loved one’s needs.
- Residents are Content and Well Groomed
- Are the residents happy and look well cared for? It is crucial that your loved one receives the attention, care, and respect that they deserve. Observing the residents at the facility you are visiting will give you a good idea as to how attentive the staff are and the type of care that is being provided.
- Inviting and Calm Atmosphere
- Does the atmosphere feel right, and does it feel like home? From the moment that you drive up to the assisted living or memory care home, what type of a feeling do you get? Does it feel welcoming, light, and portray an encouraging atmosphere? When you walk up to the door and enter the building, does it give you a positive impression? Are you warmly greeted by the staff? An inviting, calm, and welcoming atmosphere is important when choosing the right assisted living or memory care home for your loved one.
- Great Survey Outcomes
- Does the facility have good survey outcomes, and have they been awarded local and national quality awards? When deciding which memory care home to select, investigate the facility’s survey outcomes. Look at their survey history and determine whether there have been positive or negative outcomes.
These are just a few questions to ask when searching for the perfect assisted living or memory care home.
Choose The Cottages Assisted Living And Memory Care
The Cottages Senior Living will provide the best environment for your loved one. Their small, home-like atmosphere and high staff-to-resident ratio helps ensure that the residents are well cared for and their needs are addressed. The Cottages Assisted Living and Memory Care homes only have a maximum of 16 residents per home, which enables our staff to give more personalized care. The home-cooked meals not only follow dietary guidelines but are delicious and nutritious. The activities are tailored to the residents’ wants and desires, creating life-enriching moments. The administrator has an open-door policy and is never too busy to meet with family or answer questions. The home and atmosphere feel calm, happy, and look like a home. The Cottages are secure but never feel like an institution or hotel. The Cottages Assisted Living and Memory Care has received numerous national and state quality awards for their well-run homes, exuding superior care.
If you are looking for an exceptional assisted living or memory care home, look no further. Call The Cottages today to schedule a tour or speak with one of our experts! (208) 475-1805.
Schedule a tour!
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you about the care you or your loved ones will receive at one of our Idaho locations.
If you have any questions, would like to tour one of the Idaho assisted living homes, or receive a no pressure consultation with one of our licensed Administrators, please fill out the form below. Please mention which location or locations are of interest to you.